To add text into a page:
- Choose Insert from Menu Bar -> Textbox.
- Then click to which site you want to Textbox appear and drag mouse to choose Width.
- A textbox will appear, it has one line by default, start typing to enter text to your new textbox.
See the picture below:
While typing, the textbox will automatically adjust height to fit your text length. You can choose width only, the height is automatically set by itself.
If you want to make your textbox more beautiful quickly, Avina already preset a Shape Style tool. Shape style help users to easily customize colorful, border, or shape effect textboxes. To apply choose Format in Menu Bar -> Shape Style -> then choose a style from Shape Styles box. See the picture below:
With Avina, you can add a picture to your lecture simply by various ways: loading file (Browse), take a new picture by using your webcam, or take a screenshot.
To add a picture from file:
- Choose Insert from Menu Bar -> Picture -> Browse -> Then choose file in your disk by using File Browser Dialog -> Open.
- Avina allows you to add picture in these formats following: png, jpg (jpeg), gif, ico.
See the picture below:
To insert a symbol to your Textbox: Choose Insert on Menu Bar ->Symbols box -> Symbol. Symbol Browser Dialog will appear, you can change font to see other symbols. Choose one then click Insert to use. See the picture below:
To add an equation to editing page: Choose Insert on Menu Bar -> Equation -> choose one type from Structures box -> and then add content. See the picture below:
5.Adobe Macromedia Flash
To add a Macromedia Flash:
- Choose Insert from Menu bar -> Flash -> choose a flash file (*.swf) you want to add from your disk using File Browser Dialog.
- After adding a flash, a new black-square box will appear in your editing page. You can self-setup size and then click on slideshow to view your flash movie.
See the picture below:
To add table quickly into editing page by using Quick Table Painter:
- Choose Insert from Menu bar -> choose Table. You will see Quick Table Painter dropdown.
- Move your mouse to choose table size then click to create table; or click Draw table -> type number of rows and Columns -> OK.
See the picture below:
Animation is a feature which allows user be able to create a script for your lecture. Applying Animations into each content object will makes they appear sequentially with customizable graphic effect when presenting lecture.
You can set up effects for all content pages or each content object. If you want to create effect for each object, the appearance will depend on the animation settings such as using mouse clicks, using previous or after previous.
To apply an animation to an object: Click to choose object first -> then select an Animation from Menu Animations box-> then click to choose animation and adjust its settings. See the picture below:
8.Narrating and time syncing
Narration is a very special feature in Avina, it makes Avina different from other Presentation Programs. Narration allows you to add narrate voice and presentation steps to lectures. So, students can use their computer to open lectures and then start learning like you are teaching in front of them.
To add Narration to your lecture: From Menu bar choose Publish Narration box -> Record. Three options will dropdown: Current page; from current page to end and Entire Document. -> Choose one you need. -> Narration dialog will appear. See the picture below:
Let’s prepare for recording then click to Play Button to start recording. While recording, click to Next Animation Button to go to next Animation. If you want to preview the audio just recorded, click to Preview Button. To finish: click Stop Button to stop -> then click Insert Button to use recorded narration.
- Time Syncing
If you want to edit your audio after recording narration, or the narration and lecture may not match. Thus, you need to re-sync to match them. To do that: open Sync dialog from Menu Publish Narration box. See the picture below:
9.Publishing and presenting lectures
To present an editing document, click to Slideshow button on status bar of Avina Window.
Avina lecture can be published to following formats:
1.Recording new audio using Audio Recorder
To record new audio in Avina window: Choose Insert on Menu bar -> choose Audio -> choose Record. An Audio Recorder dialog will appear. See the picture below:
To edit audio by using Audio Editor: Audio Editor tool allows you to revise audio that you have just created. To open Audio Editor, from an existing audio, make a right click to choose Audio Editor. An Audio Editor dialog will appear with a wave data is visualized into timeline. See the picture below:
You can also add an audio file either from your disk. To do that: Choose Insert on Menu Bar -> Audio -> Browse -> then choose Audio file you need -> OK. See the picture below:
2. Add a video or Create a new one by using 3 ways following:
- Option 1: Add a video from your disk: Choose Insert on Menu bar-> Video -> Browse -> Choose a video you want -> OK. See the picture below:
- Option 2: Create a new video by using webcam: Choose Insert on Menu bar -> Video -> Webcam -> Make video -> Ok when finish. See the picture below:
- Option 3: Create a new video by Screen capture: Choose Insert on Menu bar -> Video -> Screen Capture -> record video -> Ok when finish. See the picture below:
3. Edit Video
Editing video feature supports Avina Authoring Tool’s users can edit video in learning lectures easily, quickly and more conveniently.
To edit a video:
- Step 1: Choose video need to be edited (a video was already inserted to editing lecture). Right click and then choose Video Editor.
- Step 2: On the Video Editor window, choose each features to perform editing operations.
- Step 3: Choose Process video or choose Save to save new editing video on the learning lecture.
Crop video frame:
Choose Crop, a red dashes frame appear. Drag the mouse from 4 corners to change the size or move frame to choose area of video need to cut. Then choose Save to complete.
Notice: Using Crop feature will affect to all editing videos
Tip: It is quick and easier if you enter the number of the video size you need to crop and then click OK
Insert Logo into Video:
You can add an image into video as a logo for it (as branding logo). This logo will appear on the video through from beginning to end.
- To insert a logo: choose à in the open window choose one image on your dish à change size and then locate it.
- Chage the transparency of logo: You can change the transparency of logo on video by enter the number of percentage on this icon
- To remove logo: click on .
To edit the brightness and contrast of video:
On the feature , moving the mouse to change the brightness and contrast of video.
You should use both to toolbars to edit effectively the brightness and contrast:
Notice: Editing the brightness and contrast only be success when click on Save and finishing Edit Video.
Video bar and some editing features:
By using Video editor in Avina Authoring Tool, you can divice your video to many different parts to process.
For example: If you have 1 video, you can divide it to 2, 3 or many separate parts. Then, you can delete parts you don’t need, copy one or some parts to repeat video, or add a new video to middle of video,…
- To split video, click on the point you want to cut, then choose Split .
Tip: You can using Play bottom to play video, and choose exactly time on video you want to split.
- To add two video together: Choose Add video => Choose video want to add on your dish => drag and drop to locate video.
- To delete one part of video: Click on this part => Choose Delete
- To insert a new video into middle of editing video: Divide video 1 to 2 parts => Add a new video (video 2) => drag and drop video 2 on the middle of video 1.
- To copy a part of video and repeat it with multiple times: Split video to several parts, right click on a part need to copy, choose Copy => then Right click choose Paste and drag – drop copied video to location you want.
To add a Graph by using Avina: Choose Insert on Menu bar -> Graph. A new Catersian Coordinate System (Ox-Oy) will appear in your editing page. Now choose one type of graph (graph functions) you need in the Graph Functions Pane at the Right Avina Window.
You will be asked to enter function parameter for your each selection. For example, if I selected Linear function, I will be asked for a and b value. See the picture below:
Mindmap is a graphical way to represent ideas and concepts. It is a visual thinking tool that helps structuring information of an issue and the learners will be easier to understand and remember.
Unlike other objects, mindmap existes in lctx document as a page, not an object in a page. Adding a mindmap to lecture is equal to adding a page and it is called Mindmap-Page.
You can design and edit easily such as making new branches or connecting branches; adding text; changing colors; deleting branch to make new one,... See the picture below:
In Avina, you can create the tests in your lecture by creating quizzes. A quiz is a group of questions and it’s like a game with many rules you can set up. A question is like a game stage that player must pass to win the game. To create a quiz, you need to create questions first. To create a question: from Menu choose Insert -> Quiz -> choose one type of questions -> Type the content on each question form (each question type has individual introduction, read details at the ending of this section). See the picture below:
When you created a question, a quiz is automatically created. You can see it in the Quiz Pane on the Right of Avina Window. In the Quiz Pane, you can organize your quizzes such as creating new group, deleting, renaming. To manage quiz settings, right click on the quiz name then choose Properties. In the Quiz Settings dialog, you can setup many rules for quiz such as Quiz Evaluation, Time Limit, Question Requirement, Quiz Result settings… See the picture below:
Importting from pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint) and odp (Open Office Presentation)
Using Avina, you can import content from PPTX (Microsoft Power Point) and ODP (Open Office Presentation) document.
To import content from PPT/ ODP: Choose Insert on Menu bar -> choose Power Point/ File ODP (In Import section) -> then choose document file then choose pages you want to import or import all -> OK. See the picture below:
To import content from ODP: